Sunday, February 6, 2011

17 Years ago Today

On 6 February 1994, was my First Full Day of Sobriety, the past few days I had been to meetings.. then I took a suggestion of picking a day 'NOT too Drink'...So I chose this Day which is also my youngest sons Birthday.

So it comes down to "Just NOT too Drink Today" and that's all I have...just Today...

Over the last 17 Years a lot has happened in my life...And I was able to live life on Life's terms...Good, Bad n Indifferent...But through Sober Eyes...People, Places n Things have come and Gone...But I am still here...Sober just for Today...

How I process and react to situations, has changed....It is no longer about me (well maybe a little, back EGO) I have found that I am more accommodating of people...I still get crazy over some Political BS...
But when I do this, I can now Walk away...and look for a Picture of the Total...not just my simple vision...

So given that I still walk this Big Blue Marble, when by all Rights I should be Dead...I Believe GOD has a Job for me to do and I'm NOT done Yet....


If you have Enjoyed or have any words of encouragement.. Please leave a comment...Just to Help my Alter Ego...He/We feel alone sometimes...

No comments: