Sunday, November 14, 2010

My Alter Ego: AMERICAN FLAG

My Alter Ego: AMERICAN FLAG

A little Post Script to this: When I was working at the VA Hospital here in Miami,(about 13 yrs. ago) I lived in a Apartment Building it had Two Floors. I think there were 40 units with a on site Manager...I was on the First floor and right outside my door was a Flag Pole. It had an American Flag but it was old and tatered and kind of wrapped around and stuck at the top. I asked the Mgr. if I could take down and put up a New One and I would be responsible for taking care of it....She said OK..I bought a New Flag and managed to get the Old one down..I even changed the rope and snap hooks....for a couple of months everything was fine...One Saturday I went to the Beach and when I returned home the Flag had been taken down...I went to see the Mgr. and she said she took it down because someone had complained...I told her I wanted the Flag back...she said No, that she had to keep the Peace. The next day was a Sunday so I could not do anything...but on Monday Morning I was speaking to one of the Owners...I had my Flag back and on the Pole that Afternoon....

I found out a few months later after the Mgr. was gone..that it was her live-in boy friend, who was not even a citizen of this Country that Complained....

If you have Enjoyed or have any words of encouragement..Please leave a comment...Just to Help my Alter Ego...He/We feel alone sometimes...

No comments: