Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Diverticulitis or Severe Lower Stomach Pain

One of the joys of Life after turning 50, is Diverticulitis...on Thursday night the 31 March. I started having Pain in the early afternoon not bad but uncomfortable...It steadily got worse...I thought it was something I ate..It was, but not what what I was Thinking...By 10:30 that Night I was bent over in Pain...Hip to Hip with a Stabbing Pain on the Left Side...Some of you may know and some may Not...Diverticulitis occurs mostly in the Colon/Bowel or Large/Lower Intestine...



It usually shows up as a little pouch in the wall of the Intestine...



I have tried to show appx. where mine was located above...

It can be just a little pouch and they can Treat it with Drugs for Infection...
If it gets larger or perforates they will have to Operate...

So I was Very Lucky, Thank you GOD...

It can be caused buy many things...I don't eat a lot of Nuts but I do Eat a lot of  foods that have Seeds...
I do eat Fruit but I guess not Enough, Veggies poo Bushes (I guess I'll have too changes my Mind on this one)

This is where I Stayed for Three Days the First Two Living on Ice Chips and IV's



On Saturday Night They Started me on a Bland Diet..
and sent me home on Sunday Afternoon...

And a Sh*t load of Drugs for Infections...
No Pain Pills
In Fact the Pain is almost gone...

That's my Story n I'm Sticking too It...







If you have Enjoyed or have any words of encouragement.. Please leave a comment...Just to Help my Alter Ego...He/We feel alone sometimes...

No comments: